Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Earbuds: Motivation Expressway & Ultimate Shade Blockers


Here we are. Another Tuesday. This is the first full week after a holiday week. These are always my least favorite for a couple of reasons. The first being that no one really is ready to get back. I mean I am physically here but mentally I am pretty sure I will be asleep until Friday morning. The second reason particularity pertains to my current situation....working with robots.

Image result for back from vacation

I work for a company that is new to the U.S.A and new to the suburb where I reside just outside of Houston, Texas. I have worked for American companies pretty much my whole life...obviously. I am the ONLY female in this office and probably will be for quite some time. This doesn't bother me too much I have also worked in a predominately male environment and dabbed a little in a all female environment....personally I will pick the male environment over the female any day. The only difference is that I have always worked with "Baby Boomers" i.e. people who range in ages 52-70 and they all have or at one point had children my age. They get me and my millennial mind. They understand that I see the world very differently from them and they respect it. They always gave me room to do my thing and just trust that I will deliver results. I have had great runs and life lessons looking back on all of those opportunities.

Image result for baby boomers

Cut to present day. I work in this robot factory with A baby boomer who not only has been living across the world in another county with the other robots but, he has also have NEVER worked with ANY millennials. I don't wish this work situation on my enemy. I hope that this blog post spares & prepares you for this situation should you ever encounter it or perhaps are given the opportunity to encounter it.

Allow me to paint just a small picture with a dash of humor of course.

This morning as I was preparing my breakfast to-go and breakfast for my son I started to give myself a pep-talk out loud. I reminded myself of the day I had a couple of weeks ago where everything went wrong and the fear of "being late for work" completely over took me. I hated the way I felt I hated how I was so upset and focused on something so worth nothing! The flip side is that day inspired me to blog again. I also had an ah-ha moment and realized I was going to take my life back. Somehow up until that day I let these robots I work with influence my brain and tried to change everything I believed in and did for the last 12 years. After a little blogging, a little earbud inspirational pep-talk action from Tony Robbins, Oprah, Steve Harvey, Wayne Dyer, and a whole lot or gratitude and prayer I realized....NOPE we are not going to do this. I shut all that shit down. I shut it down. I disintegrated the whole "your gonna be late" dark cloud that the robots sent to try and follow me around each morning. How you may ask? I reminded myself that this place is just a job its a paycheck...its not a career, its not my dream, and its certainly not my destiny....its a lesson on the journey I am taking towards my destiny boo. Its right for this moment. Its right for this season in life. It is a great location and I am paid very well.

From that day on I decided that I leave all of the robot bullshit at the factory.

Image result for chinese robots

These robots don't see me more as just a girl who sits at a desk. At first I was so offended by that. I thought I am so much more...I know things you guys don't know I am a valuable resource to all of the foreign robots. Time and time again I have impressed you with my skill set, my resources, my humor but yet you focus on me coming in 3 minutes after 8:00 AM. You focus on what I don't do that YOU think I should do rather than what I have done. That's OK boo. I don't work for you. You didn't give me this job, you don't have anything to do with anything positive that has happened, will happen and is happening to me. God/The Universe or whatever you want to call IT is the end all be all for this.    
Image result for god I got this

HE is the one who is directing my steps, giving me the lessons (i.e. robot interaction) and the drive to not worry or even give any energy to the negativeness and ya'lls lame robot ways.

This is America boo Land of the Free and Home of the Brave. Image result for merica


So as I finish up this post with my shade blockers in my ear I will leave you with this:


Robots don't last forever. They run out of power. By that time you will be long gone. On to the next phase of wonderful in life.

As Tupac says:
Image result for keep ya head up tupac

Rest asure that when you change the way you look at things....the things you look at begin to chang

No comments:

Post a Comment