Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Fine What You Love.....AND SELL IT



I heard Mark Cuban say once on SharkTank "Find What You Love and Sell It" that is how you will be successful in business. That quote for whatever reason has stuck with me. I keep coming back to it every time I have a bad day at work, or a day I don't even want to go to work. I also have that quote pop up an swim around in my brain when I see other peoples' success from doing what they LOVE.

Image result for mark cuban

If you would have told 12 year old Del that she would be sitting here at 32 at her desk at work with Mark Cuban quotes floating around her head she would have said "Who is Mark Cuban?" "Is he cute?" because 12 year old Del was boy crazy. She also would have not paid attention to that quote because she probably still thought she was going to be a marine biologist who works for Sea World. Now here is a news flash from 32 year old Del...we are slightly terrified of marine life..we like the idea of dolphins, have never met one or plan or meeting one...we like a safe distance. Also, it has been a proven fact that killer whales actually kill PEOPLE so there's that.


                                                                 Image result for blackfish

This is probably the most simple yet complicated piece of advice I have ever heard in my life. Let's start with the "Do What You Love" part. What do I love. Well I love Ranch Doritos, but I cant be a Ranch Dorito and eat myself...what sorta defeats the purpose right? I love spending money, but you gotta make that to spend it so scratch that one too. I love being with my kids and my husband each and everyday...but they have school and my husband and I have been together for a little over half my life so I'd say I got that one half accomplished. I love to talk. I love to get people just as excited as I am about something I believe in. I guess I like to motivate people. This is where we are. I cannot sell Doritos realistically, I cannot sell the idea that I can spend money and expect someone else to pay me to spend money, I cannot  will not sell my kids or my husband...so can I sell talking? Can I sell motivation? Can I sell the idea of something to someone and get them to buy it? What exactly is it that they will want to buy?

I feel like I am scratching the surface of something here so I will tread lightly here until I get another clue or sign from the universe to move forward from here.


No comments:

Post a Comment